Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Dumplings - Harm Yoke Chung




Dumplings... my earliest memory of dumpling is my mama sitting on a low stool infront of many pots of ingredients. She will very artfully scoop each of these ingredients into what looks like a cup made of a big leaf in her other hand and I, being easily amused, would squat next to her and watch her turn the cup around and viola! into a triangle. Of course, I was like a puppy tagging behind my mama throughout the whole process, watch these bunch of triangles lowered into a big hot pot of steaming water.. sit there and wait for it to be ready and when it was finally, my mama will scoop up these bunches of triangles and I will be waiting like a naughty cat by the side... Hehehehe.. yes, this is another one of my favorite food.

Traditionally, the filling will have pork but since I dont consume pork, I was motivated to make these favorites myself and improvised using chicken. Frankly, I think it is just as good if not healthier. In my dumplings, I have ingredients like chestnuts, mung beans, thick succulent mushrooms, dried prawns and of course, the marinated full of flavored chicken. The tedious part of this dumpling making is not the wrapping of the dumpling or the boiling but the preparation.. so much work goes into deveining the chestnuts, preparing the marinate for the chicken and everything has to be pre-cooked before wrapping. And that! is a lot of work!

Yes, my favorite dumplings are for sale at RM5.50 each with a minimum order of 5 dumplings.

Watch out for the next series of dumplings... nyonya is one of the "next in line"...


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Sharynn said...

Size is just right for me. As for taste, it is just right for me, not too salty like the commercial ones. It is flavorful and rice not too compact and nicely soft and chewy. I give 8 out of 10!!

Juliana said...

Hmmmm...a bit small this year. That is why I hv to eat 2 instead of left 1 for Charles. I try keep that a secret but he over heard our conversation talking about your dumpling. As commented, very flavourful and not so oily.

Chin Tee said...

Your Harm Yoke Chung is FANTASTIC!! Well done!

Food so delicious! said...

Sharynn,
Thanks! Yes, I did cut down the salt and oil and flavorings like oyster sauce and all.. it is good to eat food in its natural taste.

Juliana,
It is not small la.. No point having a chung that is big and forcing oneself to finish it. It will kill the passion of eating. Hehehhee.. moreover, gourmet food is never big.

Chin Tee,
Thanks and am glad you enjoyed the chungs!