Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Local Kueh - Talam Keladi




Some of the yam plants I have in my garden are ready for harvest and without hesitation, I yanked them out and was trying to figure out what to do with them when I remembered this funky kueh I had awhile ago... It's called Talam Keladi.

It's more or less like Kueh Talam but with a twist! Hehehe.. the salty part is at the bottom for this kueh while the sweet part is at the top. Opposite of Kueh talam! Anyway, the best part of this kueh is that it's relatively easy to make. The only difference is that I reduce the salt and sugar amount for the kueh and didnt use a large sheet of plastic to steam the kueh. I am a firm believer that plastic and heat spells TROUBLE. So, no.. no plastic if I can help it. The set back about not using a large plastic sheets to line the cake tray during the steaming process is that you will have to sacrifice a few initial pieces of kueh to give space to scoop out the kueh. Well, if that is the only sacrifice, I gladly do it..

I like this every much.. hehehehehe.. The flavor is very aromatic as the yam is really very good. Yes, you need to get good quality yam that's fluffy.. and the coconut milk used for the bottom later simply is addictive. The reason being, it's not too rich thus making it creamy and aromatic without having that "stuffed up" feeling.

If you ask me, I am going to sell this! Hehehehehehee... for those interested, call and enquire.


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: