Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

B E R S I H !!!




When I was growing up, I was taught two different sets of rules... at home, I am thought to be streetwise and all the tricks of survival as I spent most of my time in mahjong dents and other places that I would like to remember them as "colorful". I learnt very quickly how to avoid and wiggle my way out of bad or sticky situations. Where else in school, I was thought..

I went to a missionary school.. from my kindergarten to secondary school.. it was christian base and they were ran by remarkable women who taught me plenty! In these places which I spent a good deal of my impressionable years learning, not just the formal education syllabus but also the core ingredients of life.. Principles and integrity was amongst them.

One of the many principles I learnt in school is that one has to stand up for what is right. If one is to make noise and expect changes for the better, one has to start with oneself. One also have to be brave and strong to stand up for one's belief. It's really pointless to be making all sorts of remarks and criticise how things are done and yet, wont stand up and voice out when the need arises.

In recent years, many things have been happening to my homeland.. many unpleasant and unhappy things. It's really no fun to be abused and threatened all the time.. and told to be grateful for the few crumbs that were tossed our way. It's most definitely very hurtful to be treated like we are stupid. It's heartbreaking actually!!

So, in recent times, many people in my homeland have started to stand up and voice out.. They have formed BERSIH.. the coalition for clean and fair election. This weekend, they will hold a rally, a peaceful demonstration walk to tell the government and King that the people demand a clean and fair election. I believe in their cause.. I support their cause.. because I want to see a change in my homeland.. change for the better!

Here it is.. my voice of support! I will be there on 9th July.. will you be?


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

miruku said...

Wow you were there? Proud of you girl!