Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Watermelon Mojito Cake




When I first saw this cake, I was rather apprehensive as watermelon always give me a "watery" impression but since I had no orders for the day, I thought I will try it. However, I made a few changes. I used sponge fingers instead of swiss roll for the side and add sponge cake layers inside instead of just leaving the cake all mousse.


The lime mousse was slightly complicated to make but I was very surprised that it actually set well. Not a wobbly squishy mousse but a rather airy and delicious mousse that is addictive. The addictive part is the tangy lime flavor....it just make you want to keep eating it. Dangerous cake to have around me. hahahaha..

Oh.. and there was the fun part of balling watermelon. Hehehhehee... I have this fascination of balling melons. It must be a fascination from childhood where such things was a stylo mylo thing to do but since I was a very young kid, I never got a chance to it until I attain adulthood. Anyway, back to the cake, once the balls of watermelon has been nicely arranged on top, the layer of jello to hold them was very tricky. A mojito jello that I need to make sure it set fast before all of it get soaked into the sponge fingers. Tricky

So, while the cake was getting some rest time in the fridge, I was praying hard that everything will turn out well. I, afterall, decided to be funky and change quite a few things about this cake. Hehehehe.. after a few hours, eager beaver me took the cake out and cut it up.. Yay.. it turned out and the taste test went very well. Everyone simply love it. Some was mesmerized by it.. hahahahhahaa... some asked for more pieces.. hehehehe...

So, this watermelon mojito cake is for sale.. This is quite a big cake.. do call for price.


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: