Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Simply Doughnuts!




I like my doughnuts the old fashion way... the makcik way.. full of bite, full of texture and coated with lots of sugar. Yes, I am quite an old fashion antique! Hehehhee.. And since, such old fashion doughnuts are hard to come by these days, I decided to make them myself. Yes, I am no fan of those fanciful doughnuts you can get at shopping malls... I find them too soft and airy and nothing but sweet tasting. There is no bite to it and most importantly no satisfaction.. Sigh..

Anyway, my daughter had her friends over and it was a great opportunity to make doughnuts. It was very easy to do, no machines, no gadgets, no nothing but my hands and time.. Mix everything up, pull and push the dough with all your might, yes, stress relieving time.. and let it rest. When it has risen to double its volume, punch it down, knead it a bit, roll it out and cut. Proof for the 2nd time and when they double up their size again, fry them in vegetable oil. Lastly, coat them in sugar and cinnamon and see the kids whallop them with such gusto! Aaaaaahhhh.. Happiness.

The only tiny bit of set back is that these doughnuts are not sweet at all even though there is a generous coating of sugar all over. So, the next round, I will add a little bit more sugar into the dough and make it a little bit sweeter and perhaps, can spin out some really awesome spice trade doughnuts. Yes, I am thinking of adding some spice into the dough and maybe have something funky. Stay tune for it...


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: