Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Wickedly Delicious - Kumquat preserves




I have always spied these bunch of odd oblong looking citrus fruit call kumquat at supermarkets and never dare to buy and try...for one, it is very expensive and for another what if it is terribly sour?!! You know.. sour till your whole face bunch up like a ball of crushed paper??!!! OOO...

Anyway, decided to be brave and bought meself a punnet of kumquats and since I cant finish eating them, which by the way, is delicious and my face didnt bunch up like a ball of crushed paper, I did some more spying work on the net and found out that you can make these little cuties into jams/preserves. Hence, I got busy...

It is quite a bit of work to make kumquat preserves but I can tell you it is well worth it.. The taste is awesome and unlike other fruit jams/preserves, this is not too sweet and had that nice tingling "zingy" taste. I love it! Since my first attempt, I have made 2 extra batches and had venture into sterlizing and canning process.. It is very fun!!

Oh.. these kumquat preserves are great with toast or crackers or just like that! Hehehe.. it is not too sweet at all... Yes, if I can find more kumquats, I will continue to make some more preserves and perhaps sell them.. but for now, I am clinging to my 3 bottles preciously!


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: