Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Something from my garden..





A few months back I was so enticed to grow roselle plant after hopping over to bangchik's blog, http://http://mylittlevegetablegarden.blogspot.com/ and after winning some seeds from him, I started my little roselle farm.. hehehe.. ok, ok, ok..I have just 3 plants for a start ok.. didnt want to use up all the seeds...

After about 3 months and a trip to London, the little 3 plants grew and I have so many roselle! Yay!! the next challenge was I didnt know when I could pluck them so, I left them on the tree hoping they will grow to be really big like those sold in the market. Yes, those are like pears!! they are huge... anyway, when my friend came home from Nairobi, she asked me what was I waiting for! Hahahahahhaa.. so, with a basket, I harvested as many roselle fruit as I could...


With the fruits in hand, I made some really yummy syrup by simply boiling the roselle with cane sugar. The taste of the syrup is tangy with a very fruity flavor. The drink is very soothing especially when it's loaded with ice and little kiwi seeds just like below..




Ok.. maybe I should add in more cane sugar in my next round of syrup making as the syrup above didnt look syrupy. But never mind, I have plenty more fruits coming along and should allow me plenty opportunities to perfect my syrup skills! woo hooo... And yes, the remnant of the fruit can be further boiled to pulp. It's now sitting prettily in a jar labelled JAM in my fridge!! I am thinking of making some really yummy prosperity cups with them... yes, little shortcrust pastry cups that is crispy and light that should go marvellously well with roselle jam..... I dont guarantee it wont be addictive!! Hehehhee..




So, with the humid and hot weather blazing about now, I am enjoying my many glasses of roselle drink in my garden with my very cranky cat.... meow!! Sun, you can blaze away....


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: