Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Macaroons - A pretty gift, A perfect addiction!



Macaroons are something I make every school holidays when I was young.... yes, in those bygone days, we children never had much to amuse ourselves.. it was either books, handiwork of some sort, boardgames or visits to friends' house if mama permits. Yes, those were very boring times but we survived and we learn to be creative! Hahahaha....

Anyway, back to my macaroons, yes, I was 14 years old when I learnt to make this.. it was fairly simply and since there was always egg whites in the fridge and with recipe in hand, I set out to make this.. my first attempt was a failure.. partly because I didnt use the machine and instead, whisked the egg whites with the ever famous old fashion rotary whisk!! hahahhaa... I remembered I was miserable and didnt quite know what my mama would say when she saw the failed macaroons... well, I was more afraid that she would scold me for wasting her ingredients. I dont come from a rich family and every ingredient are never to be wasted.. till today, I have this habit of not wasting anything...

When my mama got home from work, saw the pile of very failed macaroons and me all nervous, she poked at the macaroons and told me to try again. Boy! was I relieved... and that night, she taught me how to operate the mixer.. I am still using the same mixer today... Things were made to last in those era..

The next day, I try again and this time, my mama called from work to remind me to check the oven temperature and make sure I got it right.... and viola!! my first batch of macaroons!! my first baking adventure and I conquered... the sense of achievement and success stuck to me forever... I loved it and will always love it. Hehehe..

So, for years, whenever I need to have a present real quick, I will always whip up a batch of macaroons. Although many people are not familiar with macaroons, they are very willing to try the ones that I give them. Maybe it is because I am a bit fanciful.. I usually add on colors and flavoring to make it attractive and once these people start.. hehehehe... they usually dont stop. Not even those who claim macaroons are too sweet! Ahhh... then again, what is life without a little bit of sugar once in awhile? Life is about living it and at time dangerously can be justified.. with a macaroon!Hahahaha..

Recently, I proposed this as a gift for a wedding that I did, the bride was seduced by this.... and so were all her guests! Hahahaa... the bride called from her honeymoon destination just to tell me that she will need to order another 20 or so more of this gifts as most of her guests are requesting for it...

And oh yes!! the people at my office who did try these are also enquiring about this.. and for that, I made some today!! These are really great with a cup of coffee.. The light, melt in the mouth texture simply is divine and the contrasting taste teasing the taste bud.. are the ingredients that make this so addictive...

So, are you keen to try something addictive like these macaroons?? Hehehe.. these are packed in 100gm and sold for RM35.. there are plenty for 100gm... and many cuppa time will be a smiling time...


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Juliana said...

Among the 4 items you gave me to sample... this is the best ...sambutan hebat in my family!