Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Peonies in full bloom..A wedding to remember..



Wedding... That was what I was busy with these past weeks. Of course, I had my fair share of excitement from my jelly mooncakes too but it was the wedding that kept me busy...




The bride came to see me months ago to explain in detail as to what she would like to have. She was very precise with her flowers. It has to be peonies.. Red peonies for her wedding cake. She also wanted cupcakes and gifts for her guests. Hehehehe.. she wanted to pamper them!



Her main wedding cake was made of traditional fruitcake with all the works.. marzipan, fondant and royal icing! The cake was drenched in rum and brandy too because the bride plan to follow the tradition of keeping the top most tier for her first born's full moon or in some cases, Christening.



The peonies was the hardest bit.. lots of patience.. lots of "equipment" Each petal was made separately, dried in individual bowl to give it the "closing in" like a petal. Each step of making this flower was challenging with our horrible weather. The humidity simply made it IMPOSSIBLE! Hahahaha..



On the day of assembling the main wedding cake, it rained horses and elephants and the fondant was simply difficult to work with. It was sticky and "melting" even with the air cond running.. Sigh.. at that moment, I really wanted to cry.. Hahahahaha! Finally, when I got the cake nicely covered and excitedly ready to "plant" the peonies, I was shocked to find the red on the peonies were staining the fondant.. Arrrgggghhh!!! I worked the night repairing this... and the continuous rain didnt help a bit...



As for these lovely cupcakes.. it took me a total of 3 days to work on the peonies.. a total of 210 flowers in assorted colors.. each color indicating the flavor inside these cupcakes. These are twister cupcakes, pink indicating strawberry compote filling, orange for lemon curd filling and red saying chocolate cream.

For some reason, these cupcakes were the best I have made.. simply fluffy with a good bite.. just like how I like my cakes to be.. with the filling, it was more than awesome.. yes, my monster polished off 4 cupcakes in 1 sitting!! I had to push her out of my baking room!! Hahahahaha... The challenge I had with these cupcakes was the rain again!! Hahahaha.. it rained just before I went to sleep for the first time after 48 hours.. Sigh.. and I had to very quickly move the cupcakes back to my baking room to enjoy the air cond to keep the flowers "up"... with such high humidity, the flowers will just flopped and melt onto the cupcake.. 3D it shall not be! Hahaha..



Oh.. these are the gifts the bride wanted to lavish on her guests.. something sweet, which are macaroons.. raspberry macaroons to be precised.. something aromatic which are a combination of roasted almond toss in sugar, cashew nuts, walnuts and macadamia...something addictive, cranberries orange cookies! All the must have in a marriage.. something sweet, something aromatic, something addictive to each other! Hahahaha... and yes, it took me a few pair of hands to get all the gifts nicely ribboned, tie with a pretty bow and stick on a love message... Aaahh.. pretty!



It was a busy 3 weeks for me to get everything ready for this wedding and although there were crazy moments, stressful and tiring days.. it all turned out great! I love weddings.. do you?? Hehehehehe... my best wishes to Wei Lyn and Vincent.. may you both be blessed with great patience, lots of love and understanding to see each other thru....




Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: