Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Olive theme, bird cage & such - A wedding to talk about






September has always been a wedding season and I have my share of creating wedding cakes! This was a last minute order and thank god, the customer was easy going. He just wanted a cake to cut and if possible, to have the theme something along the line of their wedding card which has doves, bird cage and lots of olive green.


As this was a less than 1 week notice cake and with the rain, everything has to be kept simple. Flowers were made within 2 days and I had to bring them to my work place to dry them.. hehehe.. first it was a bouquet of real flowers.. and now trays of what looks like real flowers.. hahahaha.. what my boss must be thinking! Anyway, he knows this is my hobby from the time I went for my interview..


So, with flowers drying in my office, concept brewing in my head, I worked on this design with gusto on the day before delivery.. Thank God it didnt rain on the day and I had an easy time working on the 3 layers...


Oh yes, this is the groom's favorite marbled butter cake with fondant. As time was limited, there was no time to get the marzipan layer done.. instead, a layer of Italian buttercream was used which was a bit tricky...

All 3 tier weigh in at 7.85kg and this was sold for RM950. An extra charge was added on for the last minute request as I need to run to the stores for all the little essential items..


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: