Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Carribean Queen - A coconut cake with a twist.






Awhile ago one of my favorite blogs, http://hungerhunger.blogspot.com/

had this lovely cake.. A cake that I have always wanted to make but never got around doing because, for one, the few coconut cakes I have made didnt live up to my idea of what I would like as a coconut cake..until I saw Terri's blog.. wooot!! For another, I didnt have time and was partly lazy.. tsk! tsk! tsk!... Anyway, today, I got time and wasnt lazy.. so, I made this cake and the result was...

I must say I was very very surprised with the texture. I absolutely love it!! It's light, soft, moist and somewhat like sponge but had a hint of buttercake texture. Absolutely fabolously love it!! However, I am not too please with the flavor.. the coconut aroma/flavor didnt quite come thru inspite of me using fresh coconut cream.. Hmm.. perhaps I need to work on this.. And my idea of using lime curd to contrast or rather bring out the coconut flavor didnt quite work... Hmmmmmmmm... I need to work on this too. I have to decide if I want to reduce sugar as it's sweet but if I do, will that affect the flavor? Would the coconut flavor disappear all together? Would I still want to use lime curd on this cake? Yes, this cake needs a bit more work..

Overall, I find this cake has potential! I like the texture.. I love the look of this cake.. and yes, I didnt go thru all the effort of making a few different cream for this cake.. instead, use my usual light and fluffy buttercream but the result is just as good, I think. Hehehe..

Am I going to make this again?? Oh yes!! hell yes.. hahahaha.. this time, I will change a few things.. and once I get this right, I will sell this cake! Oh yesss.... it's not easy to find an awesome cake.. what more an awesome coconut cake!! Stay tune!!


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Yah, i think you can try using lime curd bcos i like flavour with tangy taste. Is it consider sponge or butter cake?

Food so delicious! said...

This is a cross between sponge and butter cake. The method of making and ingredients are not common.. surprisingly, the cake came out moist, soft and nice.