Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Local Delicacy - Kum Kwa Koh (Pumpkin Kueh)



I have often seen this kueh being sold in markets and shops but never got around trying it until 1 day... I was hungry and the kueh at the shop looked very interesting! Hehehe.. However, the piece that I bought from the shop wasnt as good as it looked. I was rather disappointed and I made a promise to myself that when I have the time, I shall make this kueh myself....


With the long holidays during CNY, I finally had the time... I made this Kum Kwa Koh using Japanese pumpkin, added on shredded chinese mushrooms, roughly chopped dried prawns and diced chicken fillet.. the result was....


Deliciousity!! Hahahahahahaa.... The taste was very good.. I was trying my luck when I added chinese mushrooms.. hehehehe.. but surprisingly, it was the mushrooms that lend the kueh some texture and flavor. I also add in a bit of nutmeg and pepper to enhance the flavor of pumpkin and yes, indeed it did.


I was surprised that some of my friends who are not pumpkin lovers actually ate this.. not just 1 piece but 2 or 3 pieces.. and that, to me, is a super success!! hahahahaha.. you gotta have friends like mine to know that they dont simply put things into their mouth.. especially if they are not their favorite ingredients.. Hehehe..


Yes! Yes! Yes.. I will be making this again and again.. it's delicious! it's yummy! it's easy to make! it's just simply pretty!!




















Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: