Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

A roll - Pandan kaya roll..





Oh!! I gotta say this.. I had this craving for the longest time.. craving to have a traditional kaya roll! When I was young, this was the only swiss roll I know besides the plain vanilla sponge rolled with strawberry jam. I am no big fan of jams.. Jams always reminded me of being sick, which happened to me a lot when I was young. So, go figure how much jam and bread I have eaten in my life.. so much so, I dont touch Jam and bread unless I am starving and there isnt anythig else to eat.

Anyway, back to this... a pandan sponge cake with kaya is something I love.. it's luxury when I was young.. I usually take small bites hoping that my swiss roll will last forever. Hahahaha.. So, when I had this craving.. I was so eager to set out to make myself a long roll... but unfortunately, I fell sick and when I was better, had to work like crazy, thus didnt have time.. until last week...


Whipping up the sponge cake take skills. I dont use chemicals in my cakes and I like them as old fashioned as possible... hehehe.. however, I also dont like my cakes to be dry so, I always work on my recipes and skills. With this, I was most happy to come up with a soft and moist sponge cake that is sturdy enough to roll... And with dollop of kaya, I was getting nearer to satisfying my craving.. woot!

The feeling of sinking my teeth on my favorite was priceless!! And yes, I threw the damn diet out of the window and had a pandan kaya swissroll tea snack with a good cup of ginger tea!! Life is good..


Oh yes.. this is for sale too! Call for enquiries.


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: