Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Eastern Delight - Pandan with salted gula melaka buttercream cake






One of my client was looking for something special.. a cake that is not commonly found, preferably with an eastern touch. I was trying to imagine what it was when something come to my mind.. How about a pandan sponge with salted gula melaka buttercream?? I have afterall came up with this flavor for my macaron series... Hmmm..

So, with that in mind, I worked on the sponge cake.. creating a soft yet durable sponge cake that is aromatic and moist.Pandan and a bit of santan work wonders!! Once the sponge was done, I went to work on the buttercream... it was rather challenging... to balance the saltiness and sweetness.. it was a tug of war thing... Hahaha...

As for assembling the cake, it was easy peasy but I have to keep putting the cake into the fridge because it was an extremely hot and humid day.... Once I was done with the cake, I gave the cake a few hours of chilling and when it was time to try..... OMG!!! The taste test cake was awesome!!! hahahahaha..

And indeed the cake was well received!! The customer is very pleased with the cake and orders for this cake has started to roll in.. yay!! This cake is sold for RM75.


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Yummy!! Yummy!!! My Mom loved it! she didnt allow me to give away any of the cake. Well done.

Thank you.