Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Passionfruit Marshmallows








Last year I tried growing passion fruit from seeds of the fruit and I was so excited when it grew. After much care and patience, yes, it's a very slow growing plant and even slower to flower and bear fruits and ripe! I was blessed with fruits! Hehehehehe... as I had the option of keeping the fruit on the vine, I noticed that the fruit is definitely much sweeter compared to the ones I could get from the market. It was simply smashing! 

So, when the many fruits started to ripe all at once, I had a challenging time as to how to use up the passionfruits and that's when I remembered eating this awesome marshmallow from dish restaurant. Thus, I set out on my quest to make that same awesome marshmallows.. Hehehehe...

What I never like about marshmallows is that it's simply SWEET! I could never stomach the sweetness, although I consider myself as someone who can take quite a bit of sugar.But I like is the cloud like texture and in the case of marshmallow from dish restaurant, I simply like the melt in the mouth and tangy taste. It was love... hahahaha.. so, the first two rounds of marshmallow making was not quite successful. Partly could be that I cut down on the sugar.. and partly could be that I am impatient. Hehehehe.. will go disturb and cut up the marshmallow before it's time. I was more or less successful on the 3rd round...

This time around, I added back on some of the sugar (decreasing the sugar by only 100gm instead of 200gm) and adjusting the liquid, I was very encouraged with the outcome. And this round, I was patient, letting it set and ready before I sink my knife into the spongy, cloudy marshmallow. The taste is simply simply awesome. I love the tanginess of the passionfruit making it not sickly sweet, although, yes, it was still too sweet for me. Texture wise, it was so good... hehehehee.. now I know why children loves such things.. it's like a dream...

I am so happy with myself.. I finally succeeded in my quest.. I dont think I will sell this as our weather is not cooperative and let's face it.. seriously, who actually will want to gobble up so much marshmallows??? Hehehehe...


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: