Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Chestnut Cheesecake




This is a chestnut cheesecake.... Well, the story is that I saw these really huge and delicious looking chestnuts in the market and couldnt resist!!! The chestnuts were just calling out to me.."buy me! buy me!"

So, I lost the battle and bought the huge and delicious looking chestnuts... boil it and had a great time eating them. They were very luxuriously yummy.. sweet and creamy. Hmmm... however there is just so much I can eat and there are still some leftover looking at me.. and that got me thinking....tick! tick! tick! tick!

And this is what I made... pureed the chestnuts.. mix them into a dense cheesecake recipe and for added fun, added some chopped chestnuts at the base.. bake it and viola!! I must say, the chestnut flavor isnt too pervalent.. just a right amount in taste and flavor.. it made the cheesecake even more luxurious..but not in a gooey thick and hard to eat type.. It made the cheesecake a yummy treat!


I should think this is quite good for people who like a cheesecake with no frills.. You know, no whipped cream, no fancy deco or funky methods to make.. To me it is good for afternoon tea parties..

Try it.. this is sold only during this chestnut season at RM90... After the season, I dont think I will be selling this as commercial chestnut puree cost more than both my arms and legs!!


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Very creative and taste good but I still prefer the normal refreshing cheesecake where it can be melt down to your throat. The chestnut puree has make the cheesecake a bit heavy in texture. Maybe I'm no fan of chestnut lor.

Food so delicious! said...

Ju,

Ya, me too... I still prefer those non-baked cheesecake.. it is more refreshing.

This is a dense and filling cheesecake.. Hmm.. perhaps I should look into making chestnut cake?? Hehehe...

I am a fan of chestnuts..