Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

A White Christmas - Yule Log Cake




I have always wanted to have a yule log cake for Christmas when I was a young child... but never had. So, it has always been my hidden desire to have a yule log cake.. Heh! Heh! Heh! to eat when I was young and to make when I am older...

Recently, I had a Christmas party catering and the english lady wanted a yule log cake! Hehehehe.. my opportunity came! This english lady was very specific with her yule log cake.. it must be a chocolate sponge cake with light but creamy buttercream... and, she wanted it white to have that snowing feel...

So, I used my trusted sponge cake recipe for this.. a sponge cake that is all eggs and no chemicals or enhancer or stabilizer.. just loads of eggs, sugar and flour.. yes, making sponge cake is a skill and one has to practise and practise to get it right...(that is if you want it all original and no chemicals).. and again, it is a skill to roll the sponge cake before it cools down to get a perfect roll...


As for the butter cream, well, I am very fussy with butter cream.. I absolutely hate those commercial butter cream... it has that oily and sweet to death tastel eaving the mouth feeling all yucky. So, I have been trying out all sorts of butter cream recipes whenever I am free.. and finally found this recipe.. and yes, I made some adjustments and viola! it is very good.. Creamy and luxurious and the best part, it is not too sweet..

Marrying these two... and I got a beautiful yule log cake!! The sponge cake was soft and moist and went very well with the buttercream.. The taste was very enticing and the whole look just makes me feel very christmasy!! Hehehe..

And yes, the english lady called to say that everybody "ooohhh.. ahhhh" in the party when she took out this cake. Needless to say, everybody had a piece of the yule log and some went back for more. So many times more that she is ordering this yule log cake again! This was sold for RM85.. yes, with all the traditional tacky xmas decoration... Fra lalalalalaa..


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: