Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Almond Jellies - An old time favorite..




Ok... this is something I always wanted to try.. I always wanted to order in chinese restaurants but my family will stare and glare at me.. they dont like such things.. for one, it is made of milk and milk and my family are not exactly "pally wally".. next is the almond taste.. they say it taste like bugs.. like they have ever eaten a bug or croackcoach.. well, anyway, I am patient.. hehehe.. and finally, this week, I made my chance to make this for a small party I was going to.. I cant be going with nothing right.... so, a recipe of almond jelly made me a very generous guest! Hehehe..


I did change a few things with this.. I decided not to use evaporated milk because I wont be able to finish the whole can and I dont like the "not here not there" balance of the milk in the tin... and.. I find Malaysian evaporated milk rather very yellow.. it is not white and almond jelly is suppose to be white! It has to be white!! So, I change to using fresh milk.. and I decrease the amount of almond essence.. yes, wouldnt want my host to choke on the bug's life smell.. wahahaha..


The result was splendid!!! it was a bit too sweet for me and I shall adjust the sweetness in my next adventure... other than that... the texture was great... I made this softer.. since it is in individual containers. So, if anyone out there is thinking of having this... call me.. I am selling this.. it is most definitely very very yummms!!!


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Initially when i took 1 cup, I didn't quite like it as what you said taste like bugs. But when i took another challenge of 2nd cup actually not too bad and I continue for the 3rd cup. Hahahaha..... Shireen and Brandon didn't like with their 1st mouth but Eugene loves it!

Food so delicious! said...

Hahahahaa!!! we got style la. Almond jelly or anything to do with almond for the matter, is an acquired taste. You gotta try it a few times to get accustom and appreciate it.

By the way, I heard that drinking almond drink in the morning helps with overall health and skin... I must start that habit! Hehehe