Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

A pot of flowers





I had to do a birthday cake for 2 beautiful ladies with not much clue as to what these 2 ladies like or interest are... so, for a week I played around in my head as to what I wanted to do.. Notty cake? Hehehe.. ahhh.. cannot be done as there will be children and old folks.. So, as the deadline draw nearer, I grew desperate! Wahahaha... What can I do for 2 ladies that I have never done before!?? WHAT!??


The good thing about such orders is that I can get creative and come up with something I have never done.. hence, increase my portfolio in here.. The bad thing is sometimes I get too creative and nothing comes up! Hahahaha... Anyway, I was still thinking about what to make on the day I was suppose to make.. at the end, I thought a nice tall cake with flowers would be nice for 2 ladies.. hence. this is an eleventh hour creation!! Hehehe..


This cake is a sandwich cake.. vanilla butter cake sandwiched with lemon curd. I had to sandwich the cake as I wanted the cake to be tall.. and didnt want the cake to spend too much time in the oven, hence, 2 pieces of cake pile on top each other.. It was a simple cake but the decoration work was tedious.. every strip of 2 different shades of green was paintakingly rolled out and stuck to the cake piece by piece... and the flowers.. oh! I must tell you about the flowers. It was raining horses when I made this cake and the earlier batch of flowers flopped and went all limp. I had to remove them and improvised.. instead of daisies, I had to change the flowers to something simple but pretty... at the end, thank GOD I was able to get all the flowers to stay on the cake and not flop off or go limp... The weather here is always a challenge!!


Anyway, the buyer had no idea what I will come up with and I was eager to see her face... Hehehe.. she was stunned! She didnt imagine the cake will be so unique and in her words.. So beautiful!! Hahaha.. she was toying with the idea of not giving the cake.. hiding the cake.. hehehe.. too pretty to be eaten! I could see that she was extremely happy with the cake as she paid RM260 for the cake.. By the way, the cake weigh in at 2.2kg. Not that small afterall.. hehehe..




Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

p3chandan said...

Gorgeous pot of pretty flowers! You are terribly creative! I too, would love to keep the cake for myself!

Food so delicious! said...

p3chandan, Thanks! hehehehe...

miruku said...

Walaueh!! You're so creative! Look at the colours, they matched so nicely, cute!! The flowers and the leaves, and butterfly are all so cute. And the polka dots ribbon makes the cake extra cute!!.. Aiyo, too cute already, how to eat? lol.