Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Asam Laksa... A Penang Love Affair...




Nothing beats a great bowl of asam laksa. It is not easy to find a satisfying asam laksa nowadays..I guess people dont make them like they used to.. with lots of fish.. with lots of herbs.. and one must be very generous with these ingredients.... so, since I am such a fussy pot, I decided to make this... and share it with some close friends.. hehehehe..


The pounded ingredients are naturally, pounded... and herbs are plenty..you gotta be very generous with the herbs.. if not, the broth will not be fragrant and I learnt the trick from my aunt.. you gotta put in "secret" hehehehe... so, after an hour or so of a lot of blup blup blup sound from a big pot, the broth is ready.. and off I go to get the garnishing ready and there are a lot of things to cut!! I hate cutting!!! The onions, the cucumbers, the bunga kantan, the mint, the pineapples... wahhh....


But once everything is nicely cut, I am very pleased with my bowl of asam laksa.. I learnt that you must balance the taste between sour, spiciness (pedas), sweet and savory.. it is not just sour or pedas.. it has to balance the scale and when you mix everything up, it is a very yummy bowl of noodle that spells effort and precision in taste. Of course, the prawn paste is a must and it helps.. without it, the balancing act cannot be achieved. As my friend's husband put it... this prawn paste makes a whole difference!! Oh yessss.....


So, my Sunday was spent with great friends and great bowl of asam laksa... nothing can be better than that.. Not even a 5 carat bling! Thanks May Lyn for graciously offering your house for us to crash and have this asam laksa party...


Oh! if you are wondering, yes, I do make this for my catering.. and if you want to have this party, you can call me...... hehehe..



Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

14 comments:

p3chandan said...

Oooo...one of my favourite, favourite dish! I remember I will this and curry laska from school canteen everyday!I love to put lots of mint leaves for garnishing.

Food so delicious! said...

p3, same here!! ehehehehe. the mint I used is from my garden.. the rest is bought from market..

terri@adailyobsession said...

i just LOVE asam laksa!!! can i come for dinner one day?!

n about the pancakes, of cos you can blog about it. waiting to see what you put in yours:)

Food so delicious! said...

Hi Terri,

Yes! Do drop by KL and I will have the asam laksa ready for you. Thanks... will post picture of the pancakes soon...

miruku said...

Oh my favourite! Mouth watering liow,, you're so good in cooking, how i wish! (the truth is i can't cook, haha). For many many times, i can't find where to click to follow your blog.... how??

Food so delicious! said...

Hi Milka,

Hehehe.. you have very good food in Ipoh too.. hehehe.. Thanks for your compliments. I just like to eat hence, must learn how to cook.. Whenever you are dropping by KL, buzz me.

How to follow my blog?? Hmmm.. I am not sure... anyone out there can help??

Juliana said...

To the 3 commentators above, I'm sorry you can only drool your saliva looking at the photo but I can tell you it was the best asam laksa with lots of fish and herbs that you can drink up the whole bowl of gravy soup even without any noodle in it. As it was not that sour, my husband who doesn't fancy asam laksa, was enjoying himself with 2nd helping.

Food so delicious! said...

Hahahahaha!!! Ju, nasib baik your husband tag along for the party. It was good to see you guys enjoying the food so much... hehehe... Thanks!

Juliana said...

Keeping the gravy for over night even taste better for my lunch with my mum. My mum who seldom eat asam laksa was wondering how come it taste sweet instead of sourish.I told her too sour difficult to eat. She also commented the generous amount of fish and taste ada oomph!

Food so delicious! said...

Ju, Ya, overnight already is better.. the flavor are more prominent.. You can have it sour if you add in limau kasturi.. but I didnt think asam laksa is just sour la. It must be balanced in taste la. If not how to slurp so much! Wahahahaa..

miruku said...

I think you have to add the 'follow' feature first.. do you have any follower? I can't see from your blog either.

Food so delicious! said...

Milka,

I do.. and I have added your blog.

miruku said...

Sorry i confused you. I mean, i wanna follow your food blog. Pls teach me how, i don't see the 'follow' button.

Food so delicious! said...

oh.. you need to go blogger dashboard and look for reading list.. that's where you can add. try it and let me know..