Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Lunch at Secret Garden - Stir Fry Zucchini Chicken




When I was in London, I noticed that people in London make use of every available plot of land around their housing area. Even tiny strips of land next to the road are used to cultivate something or another.. I even saw a chicken coop with a few chicken clucking away! Oh.. how I wish we are able to do just that here. Sigh.. this is the difference between a developed country and a non developed one like KL!!

Anyway, back to my stories, I was very inspired and motivated to start my farming again especially after a visit to Kew Gardens, London and with the many packets of seeds, I came back and planted some of them. After 2 months, I now have 2 very healthy zucchini plants in my mini vegetable farm.. a few cabbages are in progress, bell peppers fruiting.. oh.. the sight is simply very pleasing. It's such sights that give me tremendous happiness.. hehehe..

From my 2 healthy zucchini plants, I am able to harvest some zucchinis.. not big though but they are chemical free, organically grown with everyday produce as fertilizers.. grounded and used coffee beans, heads and ends and peels of vegetables that I use everyday, orange skin, lemon skin after having their juices, fruits and vegetable pulps from my daily juicing.. I dont need commercial fertilizer do I?? Hehehe...

With my harvest, I made this today for my monster's lunch. A very simple but deliciously appetizing dish.. zucchini and chicken in oyster sauce. Fry lots of chopped garlic, throw in cut up chicken fillet seasoned with a dash of pepper, salt, corn flour and sesame oil. Stir them up quickly, add in the sliced up zucchini, add a dash of oyster sauce, stirring all the time and lastly, a bit of water to give it a bit of sauce. When ready, dish up and serve with hot steaming rice. My monster can wallop 2 big bowls of rice with this dish! And my! the zucchini slices are so succulent and sweet!! I wish I could have more zucchinis in my garden! Hehehe...

With this, Monday dont seem so bad afterall.... Have a great week everyone!



Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: