Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Lunch at Secret Garden - Penang Curry Mee



When I was young, I wasnt much of a Curry Laksa fan..I still am not because very simply, my stomach has never been good and such rich and spicy dish dont sit well . This was always the case until years ago when I was in Penang. I had a spoonful of Penang Curry Mee from my uncle's bowl and I was bowled over!!

Penang Curry Mee is very light.. not thick with coconut. Infact, it's the opposite! It's light but fragrant and the taste is very pleasing. The broth is lightly flavored with a few simple spices balance off with enough coconut to please the tastebud. Where else, the condiments that went along with Penang Curry Mee is simple ingredients... a bit of bean sprout and long beans, a generous helping of freshly steamed prawns, slices of tender cuttlefish, a good heap of freshly peeled cockles garnished with mint and lots of taufoo puffs. For those who enjoy a more spicer kick, a spoonful of home made chili sambal will transform this Penang Curry Mee to another level of excitement!


Recently, I was craving for a good bowl of Penang Curry mee but couldnt find any in KL, so, I decided to make! Hehehe... read thru a few so called authentic Penang nyonya recipes but didnt quite find a good enough recipe to entice me.. so, decided to pick my aunt's brain on this. hehehe.. my aunt grew up in Penang and is a great cook.. So, with her information.. I set out to create this new excitement!

And yes! it was indeed great excitement to see my guests tucking into their bowls of Penang Curry Mee. Yes, it was bowls. They had a few rounds of it and was happily enjoying every single mouthfuls of it. Even the kids had a go at it! Hehehehe.. With that, I consider this a complete success! My Penang Curry Mee party at my secret garden was served with refreshingly chilled konikyaku jellies and a Roselle sangria drink. And yes, Roselle syrup are made from my secret garden too.... Life cannot be any better... great friends, good food and perfect weather are hard to come by these days...












Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

may said...

Thanks for the yummylicious lunch. The laksa was not too 'lemak' and yet it still taste good. Very satisfying lunch. The roselle drink and jelly is a good match to the laksa.

Juliana said...

O boy, never knew the difference btw curry mee and curry laksa mee.I agreed with May's comment and I finished the soup!

Food so delicious! said...

Hehehe.. you both are most welcome! I am glad you girls enjoyed the Penang Curry Mee.. And yes, there is a difference.