Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Do drop me a line or two at fooodelicious@gmail.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to my creations. As for drooling...STOP! call 012-250 1864 to order now.

Macaroons - Cendol



I have always wanted to create something local for macaroons.... and since I have bushes of pandan in my garden and they have been singing out to me to use them, I took up this challenge. It was not easy to create pandan macaroons with real pandan juice. Macaroons are delicate thing.. everything has to be measured accurately and adding pandan juice will affect the balance and everything has to be re-created.. after many many tries.. many many thrown aways.. I got it!!


Hehehehe.. yes, I could always use those ever readily available pandan paste but that wouldnt be nice. Pandan is something you need to use the original.. the paste or essence dont do justice and for some, it's rather horrible. As such, my pandan macaroons dont have the dark green color.. As for the filling.. hehehe.. this is my best creation.. gula melaka butter cream is not hard to make but I decided to create a bit of difference.. salted gula melaka! The balance of saltiness with sweetness was tricky but after a few tries, I got it! Hehehehehe..


Pairing these two, I created something awesome! Hehehehe.. I tested this on non-macaroons eater and after much persuasion, I got them to try and they love it!! They even took more than 2.. so... Yay!! yay!! yay!!..


To try this, it is a RM4 per pop! with a minimum of 20 pops... It will pop you!


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Charles loves this flavor. He described your macaroon so good better than "sex"!

Food so delicious! said...

Juliana,

Hahahahaa.. I must admit, this is my best creation! Thank you for your compliments... and I do hope you had a great time with these pops of macaroons..